Mittwoch, 24. Dezember 2014

24th of December in Austria

As a little christmas present for you, we thought we'd do a post on Christmas Eve. For us it is a much more important day than the 25th because the Christ child comes to the houses in the evening and brings the Christmas tree and presents. In general it's a day spent with family, eating cookies, listening to Christmas songs and waiting in quite some excitement for that bell's chime. We've each written down a little piece describing our versions of the 24th of December:


Juno:

It has turned into quite the tradition for me and my family to visit my grandma for lunch. Every year she fries sausages, a traditonal christmas food in Austria, and we have coffee and cookies together. In the afternoon, we lie down a little and relax to refill the batteries for the evening. By this point my seven-year old brother is already bursting with excitement and couldn't wait any longer. Around 6pm, the Christ child then finally comes and we get to see the beautiful and usually 4.5m high tree. At about 8pm my dad makes a big and very yummy dinner. We then just sit around with smiles on our faces enjoying family time.


Alex:

Every year, my family and I, we walk to a small village near my home village and go to church. After church we go home and my brother, my grandmother and I prepare our Christmas dinner, usually sausages and for me a vegetarian dish (I’m a vegetarian). During that time, my parents prepare everything for the so-called “Bescherung”. They decorate the tree and prepare our presents. At 6pm we eat dinner together and afterwards, when the “Christmasbell” rings, we go upstairs to celebrate our “Bescherung”, eat cookies and drink some “Punsch” (a mixture made out of tea and orange juice).

We hope you enjoy Christmas as much as we do, wherever you are. Have a good last few days of the year and spend as much time with your loved ones, as you can!
Want to see the cutest Christmas video?
See you next sunday! 

Juno and Alex xx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen