Sonntag, 1. Februar 2015

January Favourites


Alex's


preparing my Maturaball (=Prom)
The first two weeks of January kept me really busy. You may have read “January Blues And How To Beat It” and know, that I was part of the Maturaball - committee. In spite of the stress and the responsibility, it was a great time. If you love to organise and plan and of course have the possibility to help preparing your Prom or a similar event, I recommend you to participate, you won’t regret it!


sleeping as long as possible
My favourite pastime in January (after my Maturaball) was sleeping as long as possible. Sadly school was in my way and kept me away from my new best friend, my bed. But when it was finally time for me to go to bed I felt like falling into a kind of hibernation. Equipped with woollen blankets and fuzzy socks, even the loudest and most persistent alarm clock (later my mum) wasn’t able to get me out of my cosy and warm bed.



fresh snow
My third favourite of January is fresh snow. I love getting up, looking out of the window and seeing all kept in snow. My mum always says, it’s like god spilled some icing sugar all over our country.




“It” by Alexa Chung
You may have heard of Alexa Chung’s book “It”. I got it for Christmas and finally had the time to read it. “It” is filled with thoughts and pictures of Alexa and is a great book to spend an evening with. I have to say, I really enjoyed reading it.


Juno's


Marvelous Oil Deep NourishHair Oils
January in Austria is still very wintery and therefore rather cold. My already dry hair due to natural curls and colour treatment has definitely been lacking moisture lately. There is only one thing that can save it: lots and lots of oils! I enjoy doing oil hair masks on the weekends, when I have time to stay in and they can stay on the hair for a few hours and work their magic. I particularly like coconut oil or olive oil and I usually put it on overnight. Furthermore, after I’ve washed my hair I avoid blow-drying it and just let it air-dry and use the Garnier Fructis Marvelous Oil.


Nike Training Club
As you all know from our New Year’s post we did, a big resolution for us is to get in shape. First I tried to get fit just by working out with YouTube videos and sort of creating my own workout plan. But more often than not, school and loads of homework got in the way and just took over the majority of my leisure time. Then I got introduced to the app Nike Training Club by my cousin Sophie and we partnered up to be training buddies. We have started the “get toned program – beginner” and are already in our fourth week. I can definitely already notice a huge improvement on my body *screams with joy*.



Skype
My last favourite is very connected to this one. As my cousin and I live approximately 350km apart, we had to come up with a solution to overcome the separation. Just calling each other is not as much fun, so we moved to Skype and FaceTime. But luckily I came to visit her this weekend which was really fun! We went out, did a workout together, went shopping and even sledging!


Shameless

Words cannot describe how much I love this TV show! I’ve seen every single episode at least twice, I wait full of anticipation for the next episode every week and cannot contain my excitement when the time has finally come and I can watch it. Not only the witty content is amazing though, they have really great choice in music, as well. A song that’s just been featured recently has been particularly stuck in my head: The Interrupters - Take Back The Power

We hope you've enjoyed reading our little instalment about the things floating our boat in January!
Have a good week, see you next Sunday! - Alex and Juno

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen